Sunday, March 1, 2009

Valentines Day Grilled Shrimp Tostada Bites - Z Tejas

I love these at Z Tejas, so for Valentines day I thought I would try to make them on my own. They're fantastic!! I've already made them again. This time I made extra cilantro pesto and froze the extra. You can also puree the whole can of chipoltes and freeze it too.


Guacamole - the recipe for guacamole is below. I used my own.

Ingredients
Avocado 3 each
Tomato (diced) 1 each
Red Onion (diced) ½ each
Lime for Juice 1 each
Cilantro 3 Tbls
JalapeƱo (diced) 1 each (deseeded)
Sour Cream ¼ cup

Preparation
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mash using a whisk.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Grilled Shrimp
Ingredients
Shrimp (peeled/deveined) 24 each
Cilantro Pesto 1 cup (cilantro, almonds, olive oil)
Guacamole
Chipotle Puree ¼ cup (chipolte in adobo sauce pureed)

Chip I fried up some bite size corn tortillas.


Preparation
Marinate shrimp with cilantro pesto and place on skewers. Grill approx 2 minutes per
side. Using your favorite chip, place a dollop of guacamole then chipotle puree then top
with shrimp.

Here's what they look like before you put them on the grill....


And the final product!!

And my honey brought home these! Maybe I should cook like this more often. :)


No comments: