Sunday, September 12, 2010

What Every New Mom & Dad Should Have

Looking around our house these days you can tell we're new parents! Everywhere you look there is at least five baby related items in your sight. I've always heard that you need a lot of things for a baby but didn't understand why until I had one of my own. So while I have a few quiet moments to myself I thought I would share some of my favorite must have baby items that make our lives easier!

BumGenius Cloth Diapers - by Cottton Babies - Hands down cloth diapers are the way to go! You can diaper your child for $500 easily with cloth diapers. If you were to use disposables you could easily spend upwards of $2,000. They're easy to take care of and even my husband helps me with diaper duty! When Max was a newborn we used Austin Diaper Squad. The prefold diapers worked well with his little body but Max seemed to get diaper rash quiet often. We switched over to BG's and we haven't had anymore diaper rash!!

My next favorite item would be The Miracle Blanket - it is the perfect sleep solution for babies! Kris & I had such a hard time learning how to swaddle Max until our friend Katie let us borrow the miracle blanket. We use it religiously. Definitely keep two on hand. You wont want to miss a night of sleep with out it. Max is
3 1/2 months old and still sleeps in it. He's learning how to kick out of it and he can sometimes get an arm out, but what do you expect he's almost 20lbs!


Fisher Price Cradle n Swing - This is another jewel that Katie let us borrow! This brought us many nights of sweet sleep! I should also mention if you get this to get some rechargeable batteries because you'll need it. Max is now sleeping in his crib but takes plenty of naps in this sweet swing. Unfortunately he's close to out growing it.



In the first few weeks of parenthood Kris and I worked swing shift this little gadget came in handy - Itzbeen Baby Care Timer. We didn't have to second guess when the baby slept, ate or had a diaper change.

If your a nursing momma I would also recommend the Medela Pump it came in very handy. I was able to pump bottles for late night feedings and my sweet husband would let me get a full nights rest. Along with the Medela Pump the BreastFlow bottles worked well. Max never had nipple confusion and we started him on a bottle when he was a week old. 

Now that Max is ready to run around the house (even though he's a couple months from crawling) he feels like he's king of the world when he's in his jumperoo.

Quiet time is over, Max is awake!

No comments: